Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

My Earliest Childhood Memory









My first childhood memory was when I was 4 years old. 
We went to Disneyland and it was so scary. 



Number 4 Cardboard Cutout 

In my minds eye I remember it as if it was yesterday.Imagine going to the "Happiest Place on Earth" and being terrified. That was me. Terrified!

I remember 3 rides from the park, only 3. One was pretty cool in my 4 year old mind.....it was It's a Small World. I loved all the children from all the nations and the music was so catchy I couldn't get it out of my mind.

The other 2 rides I remember were Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted House. I remember 2 things about each of these rides. They were scary, but I liked them also. I Pirates of the Caribbean I was terrified that the pirates were going to shoot me and that our boat was going to catch on fire. I was so scared I remember hiding under the front part of the boat, we were in the front seat of it. 

The Haunted House was frightening because it gave truth to my 4 year old self that ghosts DO exist. They were everywhere! Flying around me, sitting at tables, terrorizing each other, and me. The best part of this ride was when one sat next to me. He didn't scare me, he seemed friendly enough.

That is probably the most vivid memory I have. I wonder what my kids remember from their trip to the "Happiest Place on Earth". 

What is your first childhood memory?

1 comments:

Heather said...

Suzi I can't picture you scared at Disneyland, how cute you must have been. I remember looking out my bedroom window and screaming for all I was worth. I don't remember why!