Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This One's For You Aunt Spicy

A few month's ago a girlfriend of mine asked if I wanted to join a craft/quilt block group (Thanks Christie!) The group has only met twice. The first meeting, which I missed, was to choose colors. The group decided on 12" blocks that are Red, White, and Blue......An Americana quilt just in time for the 4th of July Holiday.

I had gone to the quilt store to see what they had and I found the cutest fabric that had stars on it. I bought it and then enlisted help from one of the first Quilting bloggers I met here in bloggy land....Aunt Spicy. She sent me over to another blog with the cutest block ever. It's the Wonky Star Tutorial. That's my block below, The Wonky Star.

A pretty little heart made out of left over scraps. Some of the other hearts had buttons sewn on them too. They turned out awesome.

I'm a beginner quilter so I am unable to tell you the names of the rest of the blocks below. I just know they turned out lovely and I can't wait to start piecing the quilt together.

I like how this one has some beige instead of white. It gives it a different feel, an older rustic feel.

Another block of the same pattern as above.

They are all so unique. It's amazing that we all chose different variations of the colors. Not one fabric was duplicated. We all live in the same town and hit the same fabric stores.

I love that they are all different. I just need to find a way to coordinate them into a lovely Americana quilt.

3 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Those are great blocks. I really like the heart and the one with the golden yellow stars. Sewing was never my thing. My mom makes tons of quilts. Maybe it skips a generation?

Aunt Spicy said...

I am super dying over what great blocks! Thanks for the shout out, a star seemed only natural for a patriotic quilt...and yours turned out amazing! Cant wait to see what you do with them!

Tink said...

Those are amazing. You are very talented.