The Elf on the Shelf is a huge item this year. It's all any kid I know can talk about. I was hesitant about getting one and introducing it to my household because my oldest is 10 years old and I was concerned he wouldn't buy it. Well he did. If he thought any different he didn't say anything to me or anyone else. In fact, he even talked to the elf.
In no particular order, these are the places Jax was found:
1. Sitting on the window sill.
2. Eating a bowl of cereal at the dining room table.
3. Sitting on a bench with 3 Nutcrackers he brought back from the North Pole.
4. Floating in a hot air balloon to celebrate Adam's 8th birthday.
5. Hanging from a coat hook on the boys bedroom door watching them as they wake for the day.
6. Sitting in a votive candle holder.
7. Sitting on the night light in the bathroom.
8. Reading Christmas stories by the wood burning stove.
9. Eating Adam's birthday cake on the counter in the kitchen.
10. Eating popcorn at the dining room table (he made a mess of it too).
11. Hanging from the ceiling fan in the living room.
12. Hanging on a stocking holder.
13. Resting in a stocking.
14. Riding a LEGO fighter plane from Star Wars.
15. Playing with LEGO's at the window seat.
16. Tied up to a table leg surrounded by LEGO men (bad guys as my oldest put it) and small ornaments.
17. Sitting in a plant.
18. Sitting on a branch of the Christmas tree.
19. Sitting next to a LEGO dragon.
20. Sitting in the netting of an indoor basketball hoop.
21. Sitting in a glass that was turned upside down.
Since we didn't start this new tradition the day after Thanksgiving we don't have as many fun places to share.
I am joining Life with my 3 Boybarians and her project 52. This project is pared down from project 365, so I will take a photo a week for the next 52 weeks and each week there is a theme. This, for me, is doable and realistic. This week's theme is resolutions.
I don't tend to do New Year's Resolutions, but do commit to doing things that will improve my quality of life. I have lots to work on, such as my clutter piles, downsizing, etc. But this year I am going to add a few to the list that seems to never end. One of them being to learn my camera and to learn PSE, the other is to continue giving myself goals regarding exercise.