Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Back At It

Last August I tore my ACL. With in a week I had surgery to replace it. That put my life of exercise on hold for a while. No soccer for at least a year from surgery, no running until I was cleared/finished with physical therapy. For me, no exercise is hard on me.

In the interim I discovered The Dailey Method, stretch and flex as my husband calls it. It was a perfect segue back to my world of exercise. I have been doing that fairly consistently since Halloween. I think I have sort of burned out with that regimen. I am still going at least twice a week, but feel like I need more.

Today I ran, not far and not long, but I ran. It is the first day since I had my knee fixed that my knee has felt good enough to run. It felt so good that I intend to put another mile in before I pick the boys up from school. This is progress! Running isn't my favorite thing to do, but it keeps me sane, it's easy to do, and fairly inexpensive. It always makes me feel good after I finish a run, my mind is clear, my heart is open, and my soul is calmed.

It's nice to be back at it.

0 comments: