Looky, looky, I got an award!
My new bloggy friend Janah over at So Not Mom-a-licious sent me this wonderful little surprise, the Honest sCrap Award. With this I get to tell all of you in bloggy land a little something about me, I know you're all a little curious. Happy reading.
Here's what I gotta do...
List 10 honest things about yourself.
Pass this on to 7 bloggers whom you feel embody the spirit of the Honest Scrap. (I'm assuming that means I think you don't lie on your blog, right?)
Let the fun begin!
1. Procrastinator....I am a procrastinator. If there is something that has to be done, such as file the paid bills, I will put it off for as long as possible. My desk can have a mountain of papers on it (which is almost always), with papers on the printer tray as well as the fax tray and I will avoid it like the plague. I would rather make cookies. It drives hubby crazy, to him it is not organized and makes him feel as if the business is not a priority. I just don't like doing it and it won't get done until it makes me crazy....it takes a lot for that to happen.
2. Not one to indulge in confrontation. It's not like I don't have firm beliefs, values, opinions, I just don't want to "fight or argue" about it. Confrontation with my hubby, kids, and mom, no problem. Even with them I will bow out depending on the issue at hand. Confrontation overwhelms me and my mind starts to spin, it feels as if every smart thought spins wildly out of my head. Only after the fact can I come up with something valid and worthwhile to say, but by then the argument/confrontation is over.
3. Before kids I had soft straight hair. Never satisfied as most of us can be I longed for wavy/curly hair, I even had a couple of perms to make it wavy. Post kids I now have the wavy hair I always wanted however it's all in the back and it is a bush I have to tame on a daily basis. As for the sides you ask, straight. Hmm.....why couldn't my kids make my hair wavy all the way around? The part that is wavy became wavier with each kid which is why it is now a bush.
4. I live in an old "charming" house that has a lot of "character". Hmph.....I have lived in one of these houses for most of my life. Yes they are cute, they have character, history, charm, but they don't have central air. Yes people we live like people did in the old days, our source of heat.......a wood burning stove. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fire, but the mess it leaves behind is more than I can bare.
5. I run. I don't necessarily enjoy running, but it is something I can do in solitude. It helps me think things through, cool my jets, and just plain feel better.
6. I still play soccer. I play on a women's team every Sunday during the Spring, Summer, and Fall. It is like church for me.....I have to play. The only thing that will keep me away is the rain (the league call the game off). It is my "me" time, time I get for myself without the worries of kids, hubby, or any other daily life rituals. I don't think of anything other than the game I am playing. It also gives me a chance to catch up with old friends. I have been playing with this team for the better part of my adult life.
7. The thing I fear the most is something traumatic happening to my hubby or boys.
8. My dream vehicle is an International Scoutt II......I will own one!
9. I just started to teach myself how to sew. I made my first apron....it isn't perfect, needs a little bit of a touch up, but I did well for my first.
10. Boy # 2 overwhelms me more often than not.
So consider yourselves tagged. I would love to learn a bit more about you. Have fun creating your list and I can't wait see what you come up with.
Cookie Girl over at Cookie Girl Creations
Frogs in my Formula
Tara over at TMI