Pages

Saturday, January 2, 2010

All in a Day's Work

A couple of years ago I bought myself the Nikon D60.....a present to myself since it was a great deal. It came with two lenses and a camera bag. If I had bought all the pieces separately I would have spent upwards of $1700, instead I spent approximately $990. So on the last day of 2009 I decided I would take it out and test out some of the features I had recently learned. (I am taking a crash course on the camera and all it's functions with Nikon D60 for Dummies). Since my hubby is in construction and has been asking me to take a picture of equipment I thought the piece below would be fun to play around with.....so here goes.

I can't say I know how old this thing is, but it is old. My hubby used to run one of these on a daily basis. Now there doesn't seem to be much need for one on the construction sites. Since the economy took a dump the construction industry has slowed down tremendously. Luckily he is a go getter and seems to keep himself busy so that there is a steady stream of income.

What you see is the old style steering device. Can you imagine?

This here is one of the many components of this piece of equipment.

One of the many gears in order to make the machine do it's job.

The wheels. I can just imagine how rough it would be to run this machine on a bumpy construction site. Talk about back pain.

Manufacturer....Looks like it says Russell Barger Factory. Never heard of 'em, I'm sure Jeff has.

Couldn't tell you what this is, but I am sure it has it's importance.

That is the blade. Can you guess what this machine is? No?

It is an old time Motor Grader. Ours is not so rustic and is made by Caterpillar.

9 comments:

LCO's said...

Your husband used to run one of those things? Is he 105 yrs old? Looks like a nice camera judging by the pics, I love the last one. I'm also adoring your aprons! It must have been you that got Kelly obsessed with them.

Unknown said...

oh wow i bet if that thing could talk it would have stories to tell! Very neat pics nice job!

Carrie said...

Yay for you!!!! I'm so happy you got an awesome camera. I know you will love taking pics of everything.

Grand Pooba said...

I need lessons on how to use my nikon D40!

Great pics Suze!

Julia said...

No fair since I already knew the answer here! So nicely done. :)

Frogs in my formula said...

What's a Motor Grader? (I feel dumb for asking but I really don't know!)

Debbie said...

Great photos. I love old equipment like that. Glad you are enjoying your camera. That was a wonderful deal!

Jen said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog about the wooden toys. They ARE so fun! I asked the husband about building them to sell and he laughed. I guess it took more time than he has right now to do again. But his dad sells the plans at www.foreststreetdesigns.com Good luck!
Your pictures are fantastic. I have a nice Cannon that I don't know how to use. Maybe you'll have to post some tips on your blog. And I love your self description. Us mom's have a lot of jobs!

Aunt Spicy said...

Love the photos! Do wild flowers grow in the field? That would be a fun photo if they do....