Pages

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Got Mud?

Ever hear of this?


It is held in 18 cities across the United States. Love this race. It's fun, dirty, and well, fun. In order to participate you must have a partner. This is how it works: one of you runs while the other bikes, at a certain point you have to go through a small obstical course and then the runner becomes the biker while the biker becomes the runner. It is about 6 miles long and there are 5 or 6 obsticals before you hit the mud pit. Good times!


This is the infamous Mud Pit. It is said that every year someone loses their wedding ring or car key. That stuff is so thick and sloppy. It was made just for kids. But in this case the big kids are the ones having all the fun.

As you can see we couldn't seem to stay clean. I always heard mud is good for the skin.


This year I joined the many who have lost a wedding ring or car key, but I lost mine on the trail somewhere. I lost my key, so I called hubby from the Ranger's Office (no cell service at this race) and waited patiently while he and the boys brought me a spare.

1 comments:

Julia said...

Oh this detail somehow escaped telling! But those photos are great. Some day. Some day I will have to do this race. Just not yet.