Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

F'n Roosters....

Roosters suck! I, the one who takes good care of the birds, was attacked by not one, but two roosters today and let me tell you I was in no mood to tangle. My mood and or tolerance for any such altercation, bird or boys, was very limited indeed.


It all started with Mr. D, a Danish Leghorn, who happened to be in my personal space. He was between me and my door. I needed to get into the house and he was in my way. I calmly start to walk by and what do I get? An attack of the fowl. Well let me tell you he got an attack I hope he remembers.....he was, literally, kicked off the porch, but came back for more. I gave him another kick, a hard one and then I picked up the nearest item, which happened to be one of the boys mud boots and hucked it as hard as I could at the da** bird. Nailed him! Boy that felt good. After a good a** kickin' Mr. D decided he was done tangling with me.


Not two seconds later I am headed into the coop to collect eggs, clean water, and make sure they have some food and Rhodie follows me into the pen. Well he has had his eye on me for some time. I think he decided he had big enough balls to attack......and attack he did! Well, I gave him a good a** kickin' too! He went a** over tea kettle and slammed into the fence. That one felt good too! I could tell he wanted more, but I think he thought better of it. Instead he just watched me to see what I was going to do and where I was going to go. He eyed me all the way out of the pen. The worst part of it is that I lost an egg in my altercation with Rhodie.

If those 2 cocks think they are going to have a piece of this chick they are going to have to think again. I just may have to go in there and wrap my hands around their necks and let them know that they will be dinner if they decide to challenge me again. Da** birds! I WILL get the better of them, I will!

10 comments:

shelia said...

too funny!
i've had this happen when i was growing up...brings back memories...and makes me hungry for some goooood chicken :)

Anonymous said...

I had NO idea roosters were that ballsy! Who do they think they are? I'm glad you gave them what for today!

shelia said...

Hey Suzi...re: your comments...i'm getting ready to do a giveaway within the next week or so...check back :)

Anonymous said...

Good for you! Don't let those cocks get too cocky! Otherwise they'll make a really nice meal.

Thanks so much for commenting on my blog!

Running Mommy

Julia said...

Aren't they just so endearing??? Mike's fondest wishes have come true!

Grand Pooba said...

bad cocks, bad cocks!

lol

Roxane said...

Who knew cocks could be so violent! *giggle*

grammatrish said...

that is so funny. thanks for commenting on my blog and putting in for the apron. if you win, you could use the apron to collect eggs!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Ha... I remember being chased by a rooster when I was little. Scared the poo out of me!

The Silver Age Sara said...

I'm getting my first chickens this summer and Mountain Man has been telling me what a pain roosters can be. I think you are very brave because I'd be running for cover.