Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blue What?

In my household many things are talked about and discussed at great length. Having boys, one big topic is the body, it's functions, and the different names for the products our bodies produce. Recently it was Boy #1's birthday and I made him a cake. Not just any cake, but I tried to replicate it to be like the "Shark Bite" he gets from The Cupcake Shop. Imagine a chocolate cake with a teal-blue frosting.....much like the color of the San Jose Sharks. Sounds pretty good right?



Now to the cake making. I make the chocolate cake, no problem. On to the chocolate butter cream frosting. Now, I know coloring chocolate is a bit of an oxymoron, but I gave it a try. Remember, I did this for the sake of Boy #1's cake request. Well, I added coloring, and more coloring, and more coloring, and more coloring, and more coloring.........and slightly disappointed Boy #1. It turned out to be an unusual color, a disturbing color. He was fine with it. Cake is cake, right?



Maybe not. The color of the frosting was so unappetizing I threw out the rest of the cake and the excess frosting. I know, terrible. However 3 or 4 days after the birthday cake I was chatting with Mike and Julia at their house and Mike takes one look at me and says "I pooped blue poop." I laugh hysterically and Julia says "I ban you from EVER making that frosting again." A bit more laughter on my side. I can't say that I disagree.

Or.......maybe subconsciously I was adding so much coloring to torment my BIL. The evil SIL has to keep things interesting once in a while. I guess it wasn't so evil.......Boy #2 and my BIL live to talk about their functions. Must. Come. Up. With. Another. Plan. to torment BIL to make up for all the grief he gives me. Bwaahaahaahaaa!

7 comments:

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

ROFL.... that is so funny.... and yes, that is one odd shade of blue too.

Grand Pooba said...

No fricken way, that is hilarious Suzi! Will you make me a green birthday cake? And by green I mean the color of puke?

Tink said...

That's a one scary color.

Yarni Gras! said...

omgosh, THAT is hysterical. Why is it that we discuss body function sounds at the dinner table? Please tell me ya'll do that too.....?

Julia said...

I repeat! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!

Aunt Spicy said...

HILARIOUS! Oh gosh, its like the time my mom put this purple dye in grape juice and we all pee'd purple! What a great story!

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

Hahaha!!! Is it funnier that you did that to him or that he admitted it? I'm not sure.