Pages

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Imagine

Starting the night before vacation with this:


I guess that is what I get for walking outside, in the dark in flip flops when kids are around. Nothing gets put away properly. ;-(


Now imagine waking up to the sweet sound of birds chirping and the wind rushing through the trees. Serenity and peace all around. All that is heard is the music nature has intended. This is the view I had for the better part of a week:


There were plenty of fish to be caught and eaten. In fact we had to remove the barbs on our hooks so that we could release our catch, there were that many fish biting. Each of the boys caught quite a few fish and were proud to show them off.






The 4 wheeling was endless. We went all over the place, with many places in the National Forest left unexplored.






Well, you get the idea!



My boys in the snow. Yep, there was still snow on the mountain in June.


My boys on a busted up, old snowmobile. Boy #2 was doing some serious driving.



One of the beautiful lake we drove to.


See, I was actually there....someone had to take pictures. Yep, I took 'em ALL, including this one. I had to document my existence on this trip.

9 comments:

YaYa's Funhouse said...

oh, boo-boo. It looks painful.
The pictures are great. Looks really beautiful there. How is it that most of "us bloggers" don't get in the pics or have to take our own? HA!

Julia said...

I think you need to train Trevor to take pictures. I think he'd really get into it of all the boys. I'm just sayin'...

Tink said...

That looks like quit a trip. That ain't snow, Come to Utah for some serious snow. I hope that sore does not interfere with your training for the Nike Half Marathon! Did you sign up for the half 2 week before?

Julie said...

Looks like a great time! Except the toe of couse.

Anonymous said...

Geez, how much fun did that look like? Uhm, a lot! Although I could have went without the bloody visual. Ouch! WTH?! I suppose the good thing is that you didn't break it. That would have sucked even more. Glad you had fun!

The Mind of a Mom said...

Ohhhhh I did that to my toe also. Then my nail fell off so I could not wear shoes and of course it was September and in Ontario it starts to get chilly, it was not good! Hope you fair better then me!!

Grand Pooba said...

Ooooooooowwwwwwww! Ya gotta warn me before ya post a picture like that.

Almost as shocking as Julia's legs!

Jennifer Paganelli said...

look at this blog..great job...so exciting I especially love the chickens but so sorry they are being pecked at!! Thanks for stopping at my blog!!

Yarni Gras! said...

that toe looks really ouchy....but the rest of the photos are AMAZING. Love the boys with their fish, so cute!