Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summer Days

I'm a little terrified of what summer will bring. For weeks now the boys have been nit picking each other over trivial things and getting into fist fights because the nit picking gets a little out of hand. They are just plain mean to each other. It looks as if it's going to be a long summer. I'm not sure we are all going to survive it. I must be creative, I must have a plan, I must be smarter than them, I must be one step ahead of them at all times. They might even get to a point where fighting just isn't worth it. If they don't I'll just have show them what I'm made of.

We do have plans. I have signed them up for All Sports Camp, it's one week long and I'm already looking forward to it. Sad, but true. I know, I know, I should cherish this time, they are only young once, but they are testing my sanity and right now the score looks something like this:
Them - 1
Me - 0
I'm off to a great start.

We are also taking a week and going camping. Husband is a little wishy washy as to when because of the snow. We camp about an hour north of Tahoe and there is still snow. He tells me today that he wants to be able to go fishing......NOT ice fishing. So the dates are tentative and that kills me. I am not overly organized, but when it comes to plans and planning vacations I need exact dates, I don't do well with generalities.

A little bit of excitement will be headed our way in July. We will be getting a puppy. A Chocolate Lab to be exact. The kids and I are excited! I think the hubby is a little indifferent and the neighbors may be a little reluctant. I say reluctant because Julia really isn't a dog person and because we all live on the same property she gets to deal with love this puppy by default.

What do you have planned for summer?

4 comments:

Mammatalk said...

Chocolate labs are darling. Enjoy your "dog" days of summer!

Tink said...

Sounds like you have a great plan. I like to keep the kids busy so they don't get bored. If you have a library close by they always have fun things for the kids to do.

rachel... said...

Oh, please share your strategies on dealing with the kids fighting! Today was the first day of summer break for us and it was damn near miserable with the kids bickering constantly. I need to get a plan, too.

Anonymous said...

hi suzi! Your puppy is going to be even bigger than mine! : )
I'm just really happy that my chocolate dog doesn't shed- because she is spoiled and lives in the house all the time...

Every compound needs a dog- I mean you already have cats, chickens, turkey, fish, horses... I think it is obviously missing a doggie!