Pages

Monday, August 24, 2009

Summer is Officially Over

Our tomato harvest party is over, which means that summer is also officially over. ;-(


We (Julia and I) picked these little gems for some tasty salsa.


Julia had the job of making the salsa. She made fire roasted (left), green zebra (top), salsa fresca (right), and a mango-peach salsa (right). They were all very GOOD! Go harass her for the recipes.


Some sliced watermelon. Those didn't last too long. I didn't get pictures, but on the menu we had:
beef and chicken kabobs
2 kinds of pasta salad
fruit salad
rice salad
grilled veggies
possibly more that I am forgetting right now


A bounce house for all the kids. There were about 20 kids here. They all had a BLAST. I don't think mine even stopped to eat dinner.

Julia and Rose, 2 of the Chief Cooks and Bottle Washers.


A shot of some of the crowd. There were more, but they were scattered.


The kids hamming it up for the camera and ready for war. Notice the water balloons aimed at the camera.



Dessert menu:
chocolate cupcakes with butter cream frosting


To Die For Peanut butter cup cookies. I am not allowed to make these unless it is a special occasion. The Tomato Harvest Party counted as a special occasion. (Sadly I will eat them all if I make them any other time.)


Heath Bar, caramel cheese cake (which was the talk of the desserts) and a Key Lime Pie that disappeared before I could get a picture.


Women in aprons!


Grubby little boy feet after a long hard day of play.


Fun was had by all. Our bellies were stuffed full and we are all looking forward to next year's Tomato Harvest Party!

8 comments:

Tink said...

Looks like you had a great time. I wish I could have been there. I would love the recipe for the peanut butter cup cookies. They look very tasty.

Grand Pooba said...

I'm sitting here thinking, haven't I seen those pics before? Oh yeah, over at TAG!

Good times, I want a bounce house!

Nice feet btw

Julia said...

It was like a blink and then it was over. How did that happen?

Sally's World said...

what great pictures, its sad that summer is over, but a great way to end it!

Carrie said...

Looks like you all had a blast. the pictures are great too.

Frogs in my formula said...

No heinous blue frosting?? Sputter! Gasp!

Those tomatoes are gorgeous.

monica said...

How fun and looks delicious!

Aunt Spicy said...

HELLO! What a party....and ohhhh, what amazing food! Can I be rude and invite myself to next years? I love the photo with all the aprons!