Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Apron, Apron, Where for Art Thou Apron?

A while back I joined the Hot Mama Fiesta Swap with Val over at Yarni Gras. The idea was to make a fiesta style apron, half or full, supply at least one recipe card, and one item that goes with the Fiesta theme. It was a blind swap so I only knew who I was making an apron for, not who I was recieving from. The person who had me was Jill whose blog is called Life with Nature Girl. She made an amazing apron and sent not one recipe, but five recipes....which I can't wait to try. Thank you Jill for an amazing apron and some wonderful recipes. My apron is already hard at work!


As you can see this apron is double sided so I can choose which side I want to wear depending on my mood or even what I am wearing. One side has a huge pocket which will come in handy when I am collecting eggs from the chicken coop. I can even use it when I hang laundry, the pocket is so big that all my clothes pins will fit without the possibility of falling out.


My apron is hard at work collecting the eggs and hanging the laundry. It does double duty. Triple duty if you consider I wear it just to wear it. It is beautiful, so why wouldn't I want to? I would love to know where your apron is and how hard it works. Go to The Apron Goddess and sign in with Mr. Linky to show where your apron is!


14 comments:

rachel... said...

So cute!!! I am a sucker for aprons!!!!

Sally's World said...

this is cute...i can't sew anything...if i can't wonder web it, it doesn't get fixed!

Pam said...

That is adorable. How great that it's reversible. Win-win!

jillytacy said...

Suzi,
I liked the apron before I sent it, now I love it!!!! Your photos make it look so beautiful! The apron definitely went to the right home! I like making my aprons reversible so you have a couple of options when you wear it. I have some of the left over fabric and quarter flats that I forgot to put in the package for you. That's what I get for waiting till 11:30 to mail it on the Saturday day it was due. I'll get them mailed out this week or next.

Carrie said...

What a cute apron.
I was told that mine and mini me apron was in the process of being made.....hmmmmm....can't wait to see them. :)

Didn't you tell me that you needed some baking supplies? :)
I am going to my FAVE shop in OHIO for some wonderful things....you just might get some too.

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

It's reversible... How cool!

Yarni Gras! said...

lucky you! Jill ALWAYS comes through with wonderful swaps.......I bet it looks GREAT on you!

Val

theUngourmet said...

It's so lovely and sweet! I love that color combination! :0)

Ryan Ashley Scott said...

That is one beautiful apron. I am really enjoying this apron game.

Mama Nut said...

Do you have a pattern for making aprons? I would LOVE love to learn how (then I could play, too!) I love where you live...wherever that is. It looks so country and charming. I'm glad I found you via SITS. I'd love to follow you around for awhile!

Kate Coveny Hood said...

I really should wear an apron... My mother was always great about this. Since she'd start cooking when she got home from work, She'd immediately put on an apron to protect her clothes. People always think of aprons as a "housewife" thing - but not so! They are practical for everyone.

YaYa's Funhouse said...

adorable apron, great idea reversible.

Mammatalk said...

Reversable? It's darling!

Anonymous said...

That is an apron! Totally adorable!