Pages

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Mmmm, mmmm good



Bet your wondering what these things are. Well they are the dough for some yummy cookies. If you want the recipe you need to go see Cookie Girl here.

Each week she posts a new recipe for us to try at home. I have to say my family has been quite pleased. In fact my BIL was over wondering where the cookies were. He is over here regularly raiding the cookie jar. Well now he has something to raid. The boys, my nephew included are eager to see what the "Cookie of the Week" is. In fact my boys regularly ask when the new recipe is going to be posted.



So here they are, my Spring Chicks. Aren't they cute? I altered the frosting a bit, I didn't have any meringue powder so I made butter cream frosting instead and I have to say it turned out well. I also don't have one of those fancy frosting bags with all the different tips so I just used a sandwich bag and cut one of the corner's off. Sometimes it's all about improvising to get the same or similar results.

So go see Cookie Girl and get the recipe if you want some for yourself.

13 comments:

Roxane said...

You had me at Butter Cream!

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

I have one of those fancy sandwich frosting bags too! As a mater of fact... I believe I have a box of 100!

Well, gotta go... Now I want cookies!

Sally's World said...

oh no! now i need to go and make something fattening...and of course, i'll need to test them too!!!!

Anonymous said...

those are cute!! I am horrible at decorating cookies!

Anonymous said...

It sounds yummy and cute and like a fun thing to do for springtime!

West Texas Momma said...

You are so crafty! I love the chicken story!!!!! I laughed out loud! Your babies are beautiful! Thanks for comment!

Julia said...

Keep on baking so that we can keep on stealing from your house...

Carrie said...

Yippeeee! You did it. Those look so adorable. Juliaa stopped by to see earlier. I told her to blame you not me for the last few lbs. she wants to lose. heeeheee :)

Did you get my comment on where to buy the meringue powder?

Keep up the yummy baking. I have some super yummy things in store.
xoxo

Tink said...

Yummy, perfect for Easter.

Grand Pooba said...

Oh yeah baby, I'm all over that recipe right now!

Frogs in my formula said...

I looooooooove butter cream frosting. Now I want to go bake a cake!

WildfireBelle said...

Hi SITSah!
Cute cookies~ I'm off to visit Cookie Girl's site :)

Jenny-Jenny said...

gotta go there. I LOVE COOKIES.

oh, and, ya, been there with Calvin.