Pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring is in the air.

For many, myself included, flowers are indicative of Spring and the warm Summer months to follow.



This is the first rose of the season, it is called Cabana.




These are some pretty flowers I captured on a walk in the hills across the road from my house.


However, for me there is something more that really means Spring is here. When Spring truly makes it's appearance it means that I can hang my laundry to let the sun do what my dryer does in the Winter months.




There is just something so primitive and natural to see the sun and wind dry all that we wear and use on a daily basis. I love the feel and the smell of our clothes, towels, bed linens after they have been whipped around and dried by the elements.



This is by far the biggest indicator to me that Spring has sprung. Can you tell what it is? Not sure? Well here is their sign down below.


My family and I live for these tasty red fruits. They are the best. My oldest is a berry pirate, doesn't matter what kind of berry, but when these are in season we know that school is almost over, the weather is getting warmer, and the best fruits of the year are to follow.



I have a tendency to buy this many strawberries a week. This is a flat of them, there are 12 baskets of sweetness in this flat. I guarantee that with in 2 days these red jewels are gone. My kids, myself included, eat these like candy. They are that good! Imagine, fresh picked from the field, you couldn't get them any fresher.



Well I'm off to enjoy my snack! Have a great day everyone!

21 comments:

Sally's World said...

what great pictures, i can almost taste the strawberries...

Kristin said...

Strawberries already, I'm jealious! Here in RI we have another couple months to go before ours are ready. Sounds like you guys eat them like we do-yum!!

Julia said...

Strawberries...mmmmm mmmmmm good!

Carrie said...

I really am sooooooo jealous of you right now.
Strawberries are one of my FRUITY weaknesses.
I buy flats and flats of them to make jams and jellies and I freeze them too for strawberry shortcake.

Grand Pooba said...

Those strawberries look amazing! I don't know if it's your camera skills or if the strawberries really are that fantastic, but they look yummy!

And, okay, I just figured out that you and Julia are sister in laws. Um, hello? Why did I not know that?

Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...

Those strawberries look awesome. I love buying from the local farmers rather than the supermarket

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the sweetness of locally grown strawberries. I can hardly wait for them!

I use the clothesline to dry clothes too but I think I'm the only one who hates the smell.

Roxane said...

I am also a berry pirate! What great pictures. I can't wait till it's berry season here :)

Debbie said...

Those berries look great! Red to the middle. And I love to hang my clothes out too!

Tink said...

I love berries, You are so lucky. It snowed most of the day yesterday. I so want to move next door to you.

running mommy said...

I love the smell of laundry that was dried by mother nature herself too! There's something fresh about it.

Those strawberries look absolutely yummy. And I suppose you can eat all you want because they're fruit ,therefore they are healthy! They're healthy candy!

It doesn't get any better than that, does it?

thanks for dropping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!

I'm so jealous that you're getting strawberries already - we have a ton of SNOW that fell just last night :( I am SO ready for spring!!

Tara said...

I so love this post!! i really do!!! for some reason that laundry picture is....cool! pretty....that would look good in my laundry room! ;O)

Nana said...

Mmmmmm. I love Summer too, and strawberries. Yum!!

How did you know it was my 28th birthday?

YaYa's Funhouse said...

yummy strawberries. You must be near LA or TX...I am in MS and we look forward to the LA supply. My first visit to your blog and have enjoyed. Will be back soon. Check out my twin grandbabies on my blog

Ronnica said...

What wonderful signs of spring/summer! The best time of the year!

Lynnette Labelle said...

Great pics. Now, I'm craving strawberries.

Lynnette Labelle
http://lynnettelabelle.blogspot.com

Jenny-Jenny said...

The laundry, oh the beautiful laundry. How I wish I had a clothesline. Would you believe the homeownerassociation won't let me have one? Your line looks like spring!

BTW- thanks for coming by my blog.

Ashley said...

I cannot wait for fresh strawberries...Yummy!

Thanks for visiting my blog, I think he's pretty cute too :)

Unknown said...

My my my those strawberries look awesome....I want some now! :)

jen@odbt said...

Yum - those strawberries look delicious.