Me? A Queen? I already knew that, but it's nice to know that others recognize my royalty and awe-summness. I would like to thank my family, my loyal followers and especially my SIL Julia and good friend Pooba for letting the rest of the free world know.
I've gotta do the following:
1. List 7 things that make me Awe-Summm
2. Pass the award onto 7 bloggers that I love
3. Tag those bloggers to let them know they are now Queens too.
(and link back to the Queen(s) who tagged you)
Coming up with 7 things may be a stretch, but I will give it a try!
1. I have an awe-summm green thumb. I can start tomatoes from a seed and make them flourish into huge, bushy plants that produce way more tomatoes than I know what to do with. If you all lived closer I would share the wealth with you. I guess you will have to keep checking back for tomato updates.
2. I may not be a seamstress, but each time I try my hand at sewing something I become a little more awe-summ. I have made 3 children's aprons, 6 adult aprons, a headband, a skirt, and a pillow slip cover. I am currently working on another skirt and have many patterns for many other projects. I have even started cutting squares with left over material to make my first quilt. With each completed project comes a little more awe-summmness.
3. I am an awe-summ soccer player. I may not get the glory of scoring a single goal, but I do get the satisfaction of preventing the other team from getting past me and scoring a goal. I am a defender and it is my job to keep the opponents away from our net.
4. I am the mom of 3 boys who are 5, 6, & 7. I hear that there is a special place in heaven for moms of 3 boys (they are about 2, 3, & 4 in this picture).
5. I like to bake.....a little too much. Cookies, cakes, brownies, you name it and I will bake it. The beauty of it is that my family seems to like it too.
6. I am not from the era of pressure canning, but did learn how to do it from my dad. He taught me how to can tomatoes, jams, pumpkins, beans, and much more. A few years ago I bought myself a pressure canner and started simple with pumpkin puree. Each year I have added to it. I am now making jam, canning tomatoes, and pumpkins. I hope to add to that this year with something else, but not sure what.
7. I am the master at finding this dog. His name is Plopper and was given to Boy #2 on the day he was born. Although Boy #2 has named him Doggie. I have looked for this dog on many occasions for the past 6 3/4 years. This is the dog brand new, now imagine him about 5 shades darker, minus the stuffing, and with out the soft fleecy texture.....can you imagine it? That is how Doggie looks today.
Finally, I would like to present this award to the following Queens:
1. Cookie Girl
3. Rachel at A Reservation for Six
4. Aunt Spicy
5. Suburb Sanity
6. The Sometimes Crafter
Have fun ladies!